Thursday, July 24, 2008

Pioneer Day!

The kids and I had a fun Pioneer Day. We started the morning off watching the "Days of 47" parade on TV. During lunch I read some "Little House on the Prairie" and afterwards the kids played in the sprinkler in the front yard. After dinner we made smores on the front porch. Yes, that truly is a smore maker and those of you who know me well shouldn't be surprised :-) Once it got dark the kids and I lit sparklers. I really wanted a picture with all the kids holding the sparklers, but I could never get them all lit at one time, and take a picture! I was surprised Sara was so fearless about holding the sparklers...she loved them and it was so cute to see her amazement. In case you're wondering where Aaron is during all our festivities he's in Idaho rafting the Salmon with the scouts. I hope he's roasting some of his own marshmallows right now!




No comments: