Thursday, December 11, 2008

Shocking!

Aaron has been in Texas the last two weeks. He wasn't able to reserve a rental car before his flight there so when he arrived they were all out of cars...except for this stinky Mustang! I feel bad that he's stuck having to drive this junker all around Fort Worth. Poor guy.

Last night the kids were decorating the Christmas tree and I was going to take some pictures when I realized the flash was broken on my camera, and all the pictures were turning out to be dark shadowy nothings. I guess it's been dropped one too many times in the short amount of time that we've owned it. After the kids went to bed I decided to see if I could fix it. Our old camera used to stop working quite a bit and a few times after taking it apart and putting it back together again it worked! I love to take things apart, and I love even more to be able to brag about fixing something, so I was excited about opening this newer camera up. I unscrewed the impossible-to-see, itty-bitty screws with an itty-bitty screw driver and exposed the inner guts of the camera. I examined the flash a little more closely and wondered if I could pop the flash out to see if a bulb had broken. As I stuck my tiny screw driver behind the flash a bright light sparked and a surge of electricity sored through my body. I screamed and threw my camera (as if it wasn't broken enough before)! I was sure that my heart had been shocked out of rhythm...perhaps even skipped a beat or two. I sat down, still trembling (and feeling kinda funny inside) and called da hubbs to let him know I had just been electrocuted. Of course he laughed, and then tried to show some sympathy for me, but I could tell he was still fighting the urge to laugh some more. After hanging up, I went back to the camera and painstakingly screwed the impossible-to-see, itty-bitty screws back into the even-more-broken-than-before camera. My sadness was for my camera which was still broken and for my singed ego. By the way, does anyone know where you can take a broken camera to be fixed?

No comments: