Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Zoo Trip


The kids and I went to the zoo yesterday. We stood and watched a baby and mommy elephant for a long time. They were really cute together. I am a sucker for baby animals.

But these little guys (Golden Lion Tamarins) were one of my favorites:



They are from a rainforest in Brazil, and only about a foot in length. Their tales are just as long as their bodies. I think they are really cute, and I think they would make fun little pets.

But I already have five little monkeys, so I guess I don't need anymore.

They are very family orientated and the males stay with the females after mating and actively help to raise the babies. The daddies carry the babies around on their backs. They are also very protective and will be aggressive to non-related animals.

What good little daddy monkeys :-)


This one (either Poco or Puddles) reminds me of Aaron :-)
Don't know why.

No comments: