Wednesday, November 7, 2007

REFLECTIONS

Sam and Kaeli have been on track break for 3 weeks. So we decided to enter the "Reflections" contest as a little something to do. The theme this year is "I can make a difference by...". Kaeli is our little artist so she decided she wanted to paint a picture to enter into the contest. She had never really painted before, but loved doing it.So here is her painting! It's a picture of her picking up her toys which makes herself happy and her mom and dad happy :-) That's a great way to make a difference!
Sammy choose to do a literary piece for the contest. Sammy loves to write stories and he's so creative! Here he is plugging away on the computer:
Here is Sam's story! I absolutely love it...and it's pretty good for a 2nd grader if you ask me :-)

Sam and the Squirrel

By Samuel Davis

Once upon a time a boy named Sam went hiking in a mountain. And Sam loved going hiking. While Sam hiked he came to a spot with lots and lots of garbage. His mom said, ”What a lot of garbage!’’ Sam said, “I noticed. It looks ugly huh?” “Ya,’’ said his mom. “You’re right on!’’ said his dad. Then all of a sudden a squirrel jumped right in front of Sam. ’’Please help me,” said the squirrel. A beer bottle is blocking my hole where my food is.’’ “OH – NO!’’ Sam said. ”But I have a plan to get it out! 1. I will tell my mom and dad to stop for a second, 2. I will come back to you, 3. you show me where the hole is, 4. I get it out and walla it is done! How is that?” said Sam. “It’s a fine plan”, answered the squirrel. “Let’s do it”, said Sam. So Sam did number 1,2,3, and 4 and it was done. “Phew” said Sam. “Phew” said the squirrel. “We’re a great team!” said Sam. “Ya” answered the squirrel. When Sam was about to leave the squirrel said, “Wait!” Sam said, “Stop for a sec Mom please.” “OK” said his mom. The squirrel said, “I also have a plan. I have other friends you know. So I think we should tidy up the garbage.” “OK” said Sam. “I’ll go ask my mom and dad for a garbage bag. OK?” “OK” said the squirrel. “I will wait for you right here.” “OK” said Sam. Sam ran to his parents. “Mom, Dad, Can I borrow a garbage bag?” “What for?” asked his mom. “Well, I met a squirrel who wanted to tidy up the garbage.” “Cool! Can I help?” asked Sam’s dad. “Sure” said Sam. So the squirrel, Sam, and his dad cleaned it all up. “DONE!” they all sang. Now Sam was happy for that day on. THE END!

No comments: