Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Kids say the FUNNIEST things!

When we got back from our trip to Washington and Idaho we found little tiny ants in our powder room and dining room. So yesterday I put out ant traps. They have poison in them and the ants are supposed to take the poisoned bate home and share it with their relatives and all die (so horrible, I know). So this morning I was shocked to see the ant carcasses laying all over the floor. I thought they were supposed to die in their own home! I was in a big hurry to get to the school to volunteer that I didn't have a chance to sweep them up. When we got home a few hours later Rylie noticed them and said, "Mommy! I can't believe the ants are still sleeping! And it's almost lunch time!"

This morning Rylie was eating Raisin Bran and noticed that her raisins looked more like circles instead of skinny ovals. I never really pay that much attention to my breakfast, but obviously she does. She had a good explanation for her round raisins and said, "I think there's a fairy godmother in our pantry who turns all our raisins into circles!"

No comments: