Monday, September 29, 2008

CREATIVE & COMPASSIONATE

On Saturday I had a really neat opportunity to go to the conference center in SLC and watch the Relief Society General Conference meeting with six other friends. I look forward to this session of conference every year and I always leave with a strong sense of womanhood and a reaffirmation of the value of my role as a woman and as a mother in our Father's great plan of happiness. Elder Utchdorf's talk was empowering. He recognized the pressures and stresses of every day life as mothers and women and the frustration of trying to "stay above water". He said many inspired things to lead us to feel peace in our every days lives, but there were two things that stood out to me. They were to CREATE and to be COMPASSIONATE. I love to be creative and am always happiest when I make something around me more beautiful or create something bran new. Being compassionate takes you away from the "wo is me" stooper, and by helping others around you, you begin to help yourself. My goal every day is to be a better mother. To relate this new advice to motherhood I am going to try to be more creative with my kids and for my kids. Kids naturally love to create and what's better than creating something together! And my bet is that I will be a happier mom when I take time to do the creating that makes me happy. Of course every one needs compassion, but I am also going to focus on being more compassionate with my kids. How are they feeling? What do they need from me? What can I do to make them feel special and loved?

If you would like to learn more about my beliefs go to www.mormon.org
If you would like to watch the Relief Society General Broadcast go here.

No comments: