Monday, June 15, 2009

Rainy Day Hike

We've had quite a few rainy weeks with some impressive thunder & lightening. I love the cool rainy-smelling breeze coming in through the windows. However, with the lack of sunshine we started to feel cooped-up so on Saturday we decided to go on a quick little hike despite the forecast of more rain. We ended up getting a little wet, so we hung out in a grouping of trees hoping the rain would let up a bit. (Don't worry, there was no thunder or lightening). Here are a few pictures:

Sara and her daddy. Sara loves to travel this way, but who wouldn't!

My baby and I.

The kiddies in their dry, yet crowded, little spot.


The rain actually did let up and here is a family picture at the end of our hike.

Last week I helped throw a baby shower for one of my friends. At the last minute I was frantic to find a centerpiece. I saw some "diaper cakes" on sale online and decided I could figure it out myself. So here is the diaper cake that I made. It was a piece of cake...hee, hee. I decided this would make a good gift (not necessarily a centerpiece) for anyone expecting a baby.


4 comments:

Dawn said...

YEA! I love leaving comments! Who takes your family pics on the hike? I am loving the diaper cake!

maeg said...

I am the family photog most of the time :-)

ONCE upon a time.... said...

the cake is AWESOME!!! give me some ideas on how to make one myself!!! ;) love reading about your family adventures!

Dawn said...

Your cute pic of your fam must be on a self timer then....I am impressed (: