Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The GOLDEN RULE!


Each year we have a "Back To School Feast" with a theme.  In past years we've done "I Am A Child Of God", "Put On The Whole Armor Of God", "Let Your Light So Shine", etc.  This year we decided to focus on the Golden Rule...and not just at home, but wherever they go! (Let's hope it sticks!)
 
For our feast, Aaron smoked pork tender loin (YUM!), and we had some "golden" sides like apricot jello and rolls.  For dessert I made creme brulee' (YUM...again!)

I spray painted wooden rulers a metallic gold color and wrote the golden rule on each of them for the kids. 

The best part of all, following the feast-ivities, Aaron gave each of the kids a father's blessing.  I don't know a better way to start off the school year!!! 

2 comments:

Karla said...

What a great idea!

mommaerika said...

I love this, Maegan! Sounds like such a great night :)