Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Look who's NINE!!!

TA-DA...

Sam turned 9 years old yesterday! I am still shocked that nine years can go by so fast. If you think about it, Sam probably only has 9 more years left at home with us. How sad is that! But on a lighter note, Sam had the coolest birthday ever! He opened some fun presents (like a remote control truck, a spiderman skateboard and a WSU hat) and he was also thrilled to get new socks (the boy goes through socks like no other!). Here he is posing with his sisters:


Here Sam is ready to blow out his candles. Do you love his castle cake or what? So, before you think it doesn't look that spectacular I must add that I decorated that cake with only things I could find around the house. I raided Sam's legos and found some plastic trees and windows. I also found plastic rocks and used a graham cracker and toothpicks for the drawbridge. Resourceful, ey? Sam loved it so I guess that's all that matters :-)

What a HANDSOME 9 year old! He looks so grown up and so small at the same time! I wish I could just freeze time and keep him little. He has informed us that he wants to be called "Sam" and not "Sammy" any more. Of course he told me that I could still call him Sammy if I want, because I guess I have mommy privileges. I think he'll always be "Sammy" to a lot of us:


Just too cool!

No comments: