Sunday, May 10, 2009

a day for women

I had such a wonderful Mother's Day! Aaron and Sam brought me breakfast in bed (chocolate chip pancakes and juice)! And of course, as any Latter-Day Saint woman knows, Mother's Day at church is the BEST! The primary kids (ages 3-11) sang in sacrament meeting and then flowers were given to each woman. For lunch and dinner I wasn't allowed to step foot in the kitchen. So I curled up on the couch and read! Aaron made me one of my faves...Santa Fe grilled pizza! And then he topped the meal off with the biggest bowl of Strawberry Shortcake I have ever seen. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to finish it, but I hope to remedy that today. Then we went for a walk. The kids all gave me homemade gifts and flowers...truly the best kind of gifts ever! I love their homemade cards with the sweetest messages written in their childlike handwriting telling me that I am the best mom in the whole world...NO the whole UNIVERSE! And I love to read, "thanks for giving birth to me" or "thanks for raisin me." Those parts make me laugh. And if you haven't noticed, Aaron gave me a camera. My last camera lived a very short and traumatic life. It eventually was finished off in a drowning accident...chocolate milk...what a way to go! So with this camera I vow not to let a single child hold it, or eat & drink near it. And I vow not to take it apart and stick my metal screw driver near the flash only to be electrocuted resulting in the camera flying across the room. Thank you Hubby for the wonderful Mother's Day :-) mmm, chocolate covered cinnamon bears!!!And last but not least....Happy Mother's Day to my FABULOUS mom! It also happens to be my Dad's birthday, too! So Happy 60th to my AMAZING dad! Another highlight of the day was calling them and wishing them happiness. It's bitter-sweet on days like these because we live so far away from each other. I wish I could have celebrated with them.
This is me and my mom. I think she's about my age in the picture :-)

No comments: