Monday, May 4, 2009

Soup-er Teachers

This week is teacher appreciation week! I am Sam's room mom this year and I made this image and had Aaron print it "poster-size" at work for Sam's teacher's classroom door. I love being involved in the classroom and for any parent who wonders if it's worth their time I would tell them it absolutely is. I don't do it solely to help out the teacher. I'm much more selfish than that! I do it to show my kids that their education is important to me and in turn I hope that they decide that if it's important to me than it should be important to them. Also I get to check up on my kids; see who their friends are, what their teachers are like, and see what they're really doing in class and if they're learning what's being taught! I love that I know exactly who my kids are talking about when they're recapping their day or wanting to have a playdate with a classmate. I believe that as parents we are our kids' most affective teachers even after they start school. What a big responsibility we all have! So "happy teacher appreciation week" to all the SOUP-ER parents out there...especially mine :-)

No comments: