Saturday, May 30, 2009

Lil' Shiner

While closing her eyes and being led through the house by her little sis, Rylie collided with one of the rock columns in our front room. Ouch! I don't think there's a single one of us who hasn't met the same fate with those darn columns! She hit the side of her eye, but of course the blood pooled under her eye to give her a nice lookin' shiner! She gets asked about it where ever we go. I swear a lady at the grocery store gave me a dirty look when she commented on it. I felt like saying, "Yeah! Serves her right! She won't back talk ME again!" Darn it! I wish I had said that! Oh well. Rylie doesn't seem to know how cool it is to have a black eye. I'm pretty sure Sam is way jealous and wishes he had one too. My first shiner came when I was about 5. My dad and brothers were playing baseball and I wanted to play so badly! They put me in the catchers position in an attempt to make me feel like I was playing but still keeping me out of the way. I squatted down and put the mitt right in front of my face and was ready to catch anything that made it past the batter. One of the pitches flew past the batter right into my mitt smashing my own hand into my eye. Ouch!


No comments: