Monday, August 24, 2009

Reunion in the Tetons


The Johnson Family Reunion was held in the Tetons this year. We camped, hiked, canoed, swam, laughed and feasted. There was a total of 20 of us, 12 of which were kids.


Here you can see Rylie and cousin Porter hiking like little mountain goats. This was taken at the top of Devil's Staircase. Nothing was going to slow them down!

Here we are in the canoe. This was Rylie and Sara's first time in a canoe and they did great! We named our canoe the "Hummer" because it was big, heavy and indestructible:

Each family had a canoe, so there were four. Mom and Dad are in the front with Sam and Porter in their canoe, followed by Ryan's family:

We canoed in three different lakes...I think this one was Leigh Lake. Any way, it sure was pretty! I think this is Ryan's (my brother) family on the left and Erin's (my sister) family on the right.

Sammy and Grandpa paddling around:

Kaeli and Aaron swamped their canoe. And no, it wasn't on accident. I guess it's supposed to be fun, but I haven't figured that one out yet.


Here is Rylie and cousin Hannah. They loved splashing Grandpa and throwing rocks in the water!

Hiking up to inspiration point:

Cousins at the top:


I love this one of Sam and Kaeli on our descent:
We were sad that my brother who lives in California wasn't able to make it. We sure missed him and his family!!!

No comments: