Monday, December 14, 2009

Sara's First Haircut!


OK, so this wasn't nearly as dramatic as you may think. I only trimmed a few inches off, but still this was Sara's very first haircut and she's three years old! You may think that's a long time to wait before a trim, but I've been in love with Sara's golden locks for the longest time and couldn't bring myself to trim them off. With that said, I knew Aaron would have a harder time with even the slightest trim (he loves his girls w/ long hair) so I quickly did the job when he wasn't home. He was just fine with the results and was grateful it was just a trim and not a chop :-)


BEFORE:

AFTER:

And here she is before church yesterday morning:

She still has a little bit of curl (phew):

And while I'm on the subject of Sara, I have to tell you the funniest thing. Last week we were planning a quick trip to Aaron's work to meet Santa. I asked the kids what they were going to ask Santa for Christmas. Sara ran into her bedroom and grabbed a yellow stuffed duck and said, "I'm going to ask Santa for this duck!" I explained to her that she needed to ask for something she didn't already have, but she insisted that she wanted to ask Santa for a duck. When we showed up at Dannon, Sara's excitement in seeing Santa was through the roof. She just couldn't wait to sit with him. Indeed we heard Santa ask her what she wanted for Christmas and as expected she said "A duck!" The funniest part was when we heard Santa's confused response as though he didn't quite hear her right, "A duck?"

No comments: