Thursday, February 4, 2010

NESTING would be an understatement!


It has been so long since I've posted..., but I've been too busy NESTING! Aaron and I had the grand goal of finishing a bedroom in the basement for Kaeli and Rylie before "Little" makes her grand entrance. By moving the big girls downstairs and moving Sara into Kaeli's old room, we would be freeing up Sara and Rylie's old room for the baby. Soooooo my super handy hubby finally got the room done up to the mudding and texturing. The rest was up to me. I primed & painted, puttied & sanded, caulked, and painted some more. Although it seemed to be tedious work I actually enjoyed it for the most part...minus the pinched sciatic nerves in the evenings, ouch!


So far we've moved the girls in and they're already on their second night! They love it! I love the blue! Who knew blue could be so girly?

The ceiling fan was all white when I bought it, which I didn't love (but it was cheap). So I bought some spray paint to make the metal parts look like stainless steel. It actually turned out!

We still need to build shelves in the closets and put the closet doors on...and paint them too. Oh and carpet may or may not happen this year...


My favorite part of the whole room is the window. I asked Aaron to frame it all around, and it looks so good! He truly is handy :-) There is so much light coming in from that window you would never guess this is a basement bedroom:

I will take some final pictures of their room as soon as I have it decorated!

Sara has moved in to her new room too! I thought she might have issues about being alone since she's never had her own room before, but she loves it!

And today I finally completed "Little's" room. The crib is up, the clothes are washed and in the drawers, and all I'm missing is the BABY!

11 days to go....

(plus or minus)

Pray that it's a minus :-)

3 comments:

Emilee said...

Cute room! Blue is the new girl color I do believe. Great job! I bet you are too excited to have the baby and we all can't wait to see her. YOU CAN DO IT!!! She will be here soon and we will pray for that if you wish. ;)
(ps my security word is "gabiall" maybe you could name her that. he he )

Anonymous said...

Looks so good - nice work! I can't wait to see the baby room. :)

Dawn said...

LOVE the blue!