Monday, September 14, 2009

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeasy



I love finding simple crafts. I found this idea here. You can use any surface but I chose to use a canvas board. I guesso-ed it (a primer I always use on canvas before painting), painted it, and then mod-podged on my favorite wrapping paper in the shape of a tree (I cut it out before hand). The flowers are also from the same wrapping paper. I then mod-podged over the whole canvas using the same matte mod-podge.

I bought this wrapping paper months ago and loved it so much that I wanted to use the color scheme for the girls' future bedroom that is slowly, painfully slowly,... being constructed in the basement. I want to paint the walls the light robin egg blue color with white trim. And then maybe have a garden them with flowers and bird houses. The girls have cute white twin beds (they can be bunked) that totally go. Who knew I would find a way to incorporate the wrapping paper in the actual decorating!

I'm thinking of doing a matching canvas with a bird cut out and mod-podged on with the same wrapping paper. What do you think?

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I love it. Super cute and fun!