Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Update on the first day of school


It turns out Sam and Kaeli did have a great first day of school yesterday! Both made a new friend from their class and both love their teachers! I have to say I LOVE this school! In fact, they're using a curriculum that I think is awesome! They also had their teachers read "The Leader In Me" by Stephen R. Covey over the summer. It is their theme and something each teacher will be teaching the kids. They had a special assembly yesterday as the principal introduced it. Each child will have a leadership role in their classroom. I checked out the book from the library and started reading it last night. It is so cool to be teaching the kids these things! The school has an emphasis on history which is a really neat idea, learning from our past and finding heroes they can look up to that really existed! They're also studying famous artists and their work, which of course I love. The kids, depending on their grade, will learn dance, drama, and film making. I am so excited to see all of this develop. Rylie had her kindergarten orientation/assessment yesterday too and blew her teacher away at how well she can read. Rylie was really cute about it and I don't think anyone is more excited about starting school than she is! On the other hand, I think I will be a mess that first day...seeing another baby of mine start on the road of independence. I will be sure to wear my sunglasses so she can't see me BAWLING!!! What a way to pull on the heart strings. I'd rather my babies just stayed little and never left!!! I wish I could live in slow motion so each moment could be enjoyed longer and deeper. I guess this is what it feels like to be a mother. I hear it only gets more difficult....

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Good luck with Rylie going to school. For some reason it wasn't so bad since it is only 3 hours! I am glad that Sam and Kaeli like their classes. Tell Sara she can come over and play at our house if she is missing her brother and sisters (: