Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pumpkin Craze!

The kids had a blast cleaning out their pumpkins and sent pumpkin seeds flying in every direction! So much for my "O-kay kids, I only have ONE rule...no pumpkin guts on the floor!" This was the first year I let Sam and Kaeli carve their own pumpkins. Not because I trust them with knives, because I don't yet. But because I found a little carving kit with tiny saws. I didn't think they could do much damage to themselves with them, but the little saws had a different fate. They were broken before the carving was done.

Each kid wanted something different:
Sara wanted a silly face, just like her own! The similarities are scary!

Rylie wanted a mean face! How could something so sweet want something so mean?

Kaeli carved THREE different faces on her pumpkin! Here she is mimicking one of them.

And as always Sam went for the spookiest face he could dream up!

Every year I go for the classic Jack-o-lantern face. I love his jolliness! Aaron couldn't resist his romantic side and gutted out my pumpkin for me. It truly was the cleanest pumpkin I've ever seen! Not a seed or stringy thingy left!

And Aaron's pumpkin isn't one I'd ever want to meet in a dark alley!

Sadly, our little pumpkins are outside braving a little snow storm! Hopefully, the cold passes just long enough for us to enjoy a night of trick-or-treating on Saturday!

No comments: