Monday, November 16, 2009

Little Feather-weight


Sara had a "well-baby" visit today. Do they still call them that when they're three? Any way, we were behind on a set of vaccinations so I took her in. Good news, she went up from the 4th percentile to the 5th percentile in her weight. She is almost 26 pounds! Sooooooo tiny! She is somewhere in the 30th percentile for her height. And so I've learned how vital the self-adjustment waist bands are! I won't buy a pair of pants for her without them. (The only downside is when the elastic gets lost inside the back of the waist band. It's impossible to retrieve!) And in case you're wondering, we're not concerned about Sara's size. I was always really tiny, and so are her siblings. It's just in their genes. You would think marrying a guy who is 6'2" would have factored in there somewhere, but his genes haven't made themselves known...yet. We'll see what happens in the long run. Aaron tells me he didn't hit a growth spurt until later in high school and continued to grow throughout his mission. I always embraced my petite-ness and I hope my kids will love that about themselves too. Small, but MIGHTY is a great way to be :-)

2 comments:

ONCE upon a time.... said...

I have a friend who is 4' 10" tall, and she has two beautiful little peanuts herself! She is always grumbling because the docs are giving her son a hard time about his size. She feels like you do: she is tiny so, duh, her kids will be tiny too! She is not worried but she gets frustrated when another doc tells her there may be something wrong with her son....wish docs would look at the whole picture sometimes and not just the medical, scientific stuff! Sara is beautiful and I'm glad she is healthy! :) Keep up the great work, momma! --camille

Dawn said...

I love tiny little cute sara!!!
I cannot believe that she is only in the 5%!